Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wonderful

I had to wake up before noon today, so it was probably best that I slept earlier than usual last night. Would you believe me if I told you I did?

I didn’t. I stayed up watching TV like I always do, but there was nothing interesting on. So I switched to Celestial, a channel I sorta forgot about, (but still paying for it!) and they were showing Twins Effect. There’s no reason for me to watch the movie again if not for this eye candy:

Yummy!

After watching the movie I thought I should move my ass and do something productive before going to bed. You know, make myself feel a little contented before calling it a day. I went into my room, turned on the lights, only for the lights turn off by itself. The hell…? Did the light tube just blow up? Oh no wait, it’s darker than usual. It’s very, very dark. Then it hit me. It’s an electricity cut-off! I looked out the window and the whole damned area is pitch-black, except for one idiot who was waving his high-powered flashlight at another apartment block 3 miles away. Imagine disco lights. Yea, yea, we know you have a damned flashlight. Some sicko will always do that. Some sicko who’s still awake at 3 am.

Well, there goes my plan for something productive. I only have 25% of battery life left for my laptop and I tell you, she’s one hell of a battery drainer. I’ve decided. My laptop shall be a she. I hope I remember that. Anyhow, I have to do something productive! I need to. So I carried on anyway with what’s left of the battery. And yea, that’s it. End of my story. Electricity returned, I didn’t have to sleep choking my own sweat, and yeah, that’s about it.

Of course I had a great dream, but no, it wasn’t of Edison Chen. I was vacationing with a stranger who was not strange at all in my dream. We were staying in a chalet overlooking a wonderful, wonderful blue sea. It’s really, really blue. It’s bluer than any blue sea, you feel like you want to die in it. And then there’s the wonderful cool breeze too. I lay on the wooden floor and the stranger came up and called me. I opened my eyes and there I see my mom.

“Wake up, it’s already 11:30AM.”

Wonderful.


P.S: Did you know how long it took me to get a decent photo of him? (the guy above just in case you don't remember) Long. I ended up copying one from his friendster account. And it's not those magazine cover type too. Whatever. If I go on, my tipsiness will get a better of me. I opened a bottle of red muscat I bought, which I had forgotten about and mom said she'll drink it with me. Now she says it smells too much like alcohol. :/ Great. Cheer me on while I finish a whole bottle of wine by myself. And this one incidentally can get me tipsy after only a glass.

6 comments:

Thad said...

hi there ; ) i added you to my links.. have a great day!

joyfulchicken said...

A whole bottle of wine? Are you trying to kill yourself? :-P

runawaycat said...

phoenix - Hi there! Thanks! You have a great day too!

JC - That's not a bad idea...I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

wow...

go for it!! lol

Anonymous said...

i look at the picture and i just cant stop laughing.. he looked stupid with that face lol

runawaycat said...

Sheesh! Don't say! I'm beginning to feel geli. Why the heck did I pick that pic??