Saturday, May 12, 2007

I love pistachios

I was eating a packet of pistachios the other day. The packet said extra 10% of 40g of pistachios.


That made me wonder. How many pistachios am I getting for free? Exactly how many pistachios are 4 grams? (that’s 10% of 40g just in case you can’t do really basic math) So I got out my mom’s weighing scale. The smallest measurement is 10g so I weighed 10 pistachios.


Count. There are ten.


It reads 15-20g by the way. If this was written four years ago, I would have started with all the physics terms and calculating errors. But no, this is 4 years after that, where everything physics knowledge I have has been returned to the books.

So, let’s just take it as 15g – mom argues it is, though I feel it’s 20g – that would mean 1 pistachio is 1.5g. meaning I’m getting something like 2 pistachios in 4g. Uh…am I supposed to be delighted? Yay! 2 free pistachio nuts!

On a separate occasion:


I wondered at first, why stuff I put in the bag is outside the bag. Duh. Is this what you call a plastic bag?

10 comments:

aL said...

u memang very the free... *sigh*

philos said...

Yabberings is right hehe... no point complaining about the bonus, you bought a bag of pistachio that only has 20 nuts... right?

philos said...

by the way, I'm confused by the last picture... can you describe it?

joyfulchicken said...

You didn't even really need a scale. The easiest way to find the answer would be to count all the pistachios and divide the number by 11 ;-)

runawaycat said...

aL - Heh =) I've got time. (stole from that Indian guy in Astro's ad. I think that ad is stupid by the way)

biby cletus - Thanx! Will visit your blog soon =)

arthur - There were about 30 nuts. Or 31 I think. I'm not sure because half of it were empty shells. I ate half already. The last picture is a plastic bag that serves no purpose. It's got 2 openings.

JC - Well, yea I could, but it would be no fun. And I wouldn't know how much a pistachio would weigh. I got 30 pistachios there which means that it's more than 44g. Unless the weighing scale is lousy.

philos said...

It really won't work because the pistachios don't have the same size, and some have bigger shells and nothing inside at all... so i suggest you switch to almonds! hehe...

joyfulchicken said...

Fine, you can play with your weighing scale. After all, you're a future pharmacist :-P

runawaycat said...

I don't like almonds as much as I do pistachios. Pistachios pistachios la la la~

Ugh. Can both of you stop being intelligent? I know arthur can't help it but you, JC?

Raein said...

What about me? *looks dumb*

joyfulchicken said...

Pistachios give you green poop. Yay! I'm back to brainless mode.