Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I dream of Dim Sum

Actually I dreamt of ice cream last night. Lots of them, with all sorts of flavours you can think of. But I'm not gonna be having ice cream soon though. The last time I had one was the day after the US National Ice Cream Day. Hmm...Why did I dream of it? Is it some kind of a revelation? Eat ice cream or die! Okay... Anyway, back to topic.

I’m going to have dim sum this Friday night! Yay! Can’t wait! And because of that I’m googling for dim sum names. I figured it’s time I learn the names, if I ever think of opening a dim sum shop. Hahah! Yea I know, at first it was a cake and pastry shop, but of course it’s still in my cloud cuckoo land. I’m just greedy. Excessively greedy.

Whenever I go for dim sum I’ll have to point to whatever it is that I want or practice some self-service. This time, I’m gonna practice some showing-off. Bling bling. Yay! I’m gonna read out the names of all my favourites and stun the lady behind the dim sum push-cart. Here I come!

Anyway, this place I’m going to is the only place I know of that sells dim sum at night. The last time I went there, I had Har Gau, which is this (the bottom one):



Picture from Wikipedia. Look at it. The texture, the colour. Don't you just wanna sink your teeth in it?

And I can’t wait to eat it again! It’s got juice flowing out when you bite into it. Of course, any health conscious person would say it’s oil but to me, it’s dim sum juice! Oh my god…the juice…I can’t wait.

25 comments:

joyfulchicken said...

Did you really have to include the picture? Are you trying to torture me? :-P

Katherine said...

Har gau is one of my favorite dimsums! Yummy! :D:D

juliana said...

yes! it's only nice with the juice!

juliana said...

and here's wishing you a great mouth-watering, belly-filling dim sum on Friday ;-) ta pau me some =P'''

Raein said...

I'm hungry. Feed the cat!

runawaycat said...

JC - I know what you mean. It's calling out to you isn't it? Ahh...Look at it. So pweety... Arthur influenced me with the Tweety.

宝茹 - Come to think of it, I usually only eat a few types and Har Gau is a sure one. I should try more this fri. The last time I went there she tricked me into buying the expensive pork curry. Idiot.

Kopi - Yay! Someone that understands the juice theory :) Come join us! It's in town.

runawaycat said...

Raein - We're both cats!

juliana said...

Friday kooi tiam?

Cometh said...

I like dim sum also... =p

Now where did I put all the pictures of the dim sum that I have taken,.... =p

Dim Sum is Chinese SUSHI!!!!!

philos said...

我爱吃蝦餃!Hehe... That sure is yummy! We call it "Ha Kao" here though :)

CY said...

Arthur, ha kao = har gau lah :)

This blog always makes me hungry...

runawaycat said...

Kopi - Hopefully the concert we are going to finishes early. Anyway I plan to be there before 10pm. You know where?

Cometh - I like all SUSHIS!!! Yeah!

Arthur - 我知道! 谁不要?! Hahahah!

runawaycat said...

CY - I have a feeling this is turning into a food blog. Oh what can I do. I can't talk about certain somethings.

Raein said...

Oh yeah.

But don't we get to feed fellow cats? :P

Euri said...

Ahh.. Chinese food... ARGH! NO!!

*ahem*

Okay, I over reacted, but I'm sick of eating them. :(

Katherine said...

Yummy! I love Har Gau! I love Har Gau! We make it a point to almost always order Har Gau when eating in Chinese restaurants.

Sushi! Sushi! Sushi! With tons of wasabe! :P

I'm getting really hungry. And it's 4:21 PM now! Time to eat a snack! :P

runawaycat said...

Raien - Uh...I don't share food :P But if you can come then we can eat together :)

Euri - Why? Do you have dim sum everyday? Argh! *jealous*

宝茹 - Yay! Har gau! Har gau!
No! No wasabi! Hahahah :) I'm hungry too...

CY said...

You know what? I was gonna comment that it's turning into a food blog too.

Then I'm reminded of 2 entries before this, and changed my mind xD

runawaycat said...

HAHA! Totally opposite but definitely related :P

aL said...

where is siu mai?!

runawaycat said...

Is siu mai the yellow colored ones? Lazy me still didn't learn up the names.

CY said...

Yes the juicy yellow ones, with the reddish things on top... more delicious IMHO :D

runawaycat said...

Har gau! Har gau! Yay tonight har gau!

rheytarded said...

good gawd... cant you post more things related to pooping? im getting fat reading your blog! lol

ahhh i too dream of dimsum. i just had italian food chicago style with the deep fried pizza baked like a pie... hmmm hmmmm
and now im dreaming of siu mai ( i swear i love these)...

whatever you do decide neko, pastry shop or dimsum, I AM GAME! i swear ill open a branch here... as long as bosses get unlimited food. lol

runawaycat said...

Whoa...Italian food chicago style! Ok I don't know how that is :P But the pizza is deep fried and then baked again? Sounds fatally delicious!

Hmm...I'll do pastry dim sum style! How's that?