Friday, August 10, 2007

Surely a bracing encounter

I was just going through my messy table when I noticed something which brought back some memories.

There was this time when I went to the supermarket and one of the promoters started a considerably long conversation with me. I was waiting for my friend to arrive so I took a troll around the toiletries section. This woman came up to me and started asking me to try her product. I don’t remember what it was but it was something I already had, only of a different brand. Somehow the conversation led to what I do for a living and what I study and that was when she noticed my pearl and crystal bracelet. From there the conversation carried on to her interest in crystals and she started exhibiting those of her own. Of course I don’t know anything about crystals, at least not like her, so I just answered whatever she asked with a straight face.

“Where did you buy it?” she asked.

“I didn’t buy it. It was a gift from my aunt.”

“I don’t know if they’re real crystals though,” I continued, knowing nothing about what she was going to say.

“You can’t say that! It’s a gift from someone, and you must not doubt the authenticity of it!”

I was taken aback. She continued on with her lecture and I just stood there speechless, muted, tongue-tied. I played dumb because I know there was no point to provoke her, but I must say she certainly did me, though not enough to make me smack her. So I tried to amuse that old lady and simply smiled at her every word. Thank god my friend called and I had a good excuse to leave her. Politely.

I was a bit angry I didn’t defended myself, but heck, who’s she to deserve my two cents?

Just for your information, I like the bracelet, plus the color of the crystal is yellow, which signifies wealth. I love money.

9 comments:

joyfulchicken said...

You should have screamed "You're not my mother! I hate you!" and pretend to cry. That would have freaked her out.

runawaycat said...

Do you really see me as this dramatic?

Katherine said...

Your heart must have really pounded when you were caught. :P

But good thing you pulled the string already. I was itching to know what that was all about. :P

Brave runawaycat! :P

runawaycat said...

Surely you didn't finish reading the post. And you commented in the wrong place. You remind me of Dodge. Did he influence you too?
Seriously, we need to knock Dodge on the head. He's making everyone a weed addict.

Katherine said...

Oh yeah...hahaha...my head must have been spinning already when I made that comment. (So embarrassing...:P)

*Earth, cover me up now.* :P

rheytarded said...

hmmmm...
im not really good with people who waste my time. i would tell them outright im not interested. and if they still bother me, im gonna tell them ill save them the effort of wasting both of our time because im going to go and do something important whehter he stops talking or not... and then they get the message... crystal or no crystal... hahahaha
:p

runawaycat said...

I'm not really good with telling people off. What I do is I put a fake face so I don't look like I'm mad and try to sneak out of the situation. I should learn to be like you :)

Raein said...

Hey, if drama couldn't have been your style, maybe being scary would be the perfect thing :P

runawaycat said...

Oo...protrude my eyes and bare my fangs...