Monday, August 6, 2007

Like a greedy kid in a toy store, only everything is free

What do I like about libraries? Simple. You get to read books you otherwise wouldn’t get to unless you pay for them. In the library I get to read for free.

I just went to the library again, nope it’s not the one with the strings. This is the other one in the uni, the one where the staircase smells like that of a newly built multi-storey car park, where the lighting is brighter and the shelves less crowded (i.e. the whole world can see what you’re doing) and where the pull-out book rest on the shelves don’t make high pitch creaks. And also the one where you can find a lot of business related books! I just found that out a while ago. Now I get to read about why McDonalds is where it is and how I can make huge profits on eBay. I’m excited!

There is a catch though. You can read for free, take it home and make hundreds of copies (though I don’t really see the need to) but you can only borrow four. And I’ve already reached that quota! I hate this. I think I have to finish one of the books tonight, return it tomorrow and get another one done as soon as possible too. Damn. I have no time! To hell with the Astro Max advertisement where that Indian man says “I’ve got time, I’ve got time, I’ve got time” repeatedly. Everyone has the same amount of time each day asshole. Just because Astro Max (it's freaking expensive too) lets you record the shows doesn’t mean you’ll have the time to watch it. Just like in my case, I have the books staring at me right now but that doesn’t mean I have the time to finish it. And what am I doing here telling you all this, wasting my time? Heck, time’s ticking!

Kthxbye. And that would be the influence of the folks in ChickenMafia have on me.


Note: Tried looking for the Astro Max advertisement online but to no avail. If anyone happens to know about it, let me know. By the way, Astro is a satellite TV service provider here.

5 comments:

joyfulchicken said...

The Internet is like a library for lazy people like me. Best of all, there's no 4-book limit. Yay!

runawaycat said...

Not everything is free in the internet. You get an abstract and if you wanna read further, you'll have to buy the book. Unless someone makes a free version and put it up for download.

Cometh said...

Where did he get the TIME? =p

Katherine said...

Ooohhh...this is nice! I love the library also! Our quota is 5 books. My library card is tattered already. I'm always borrowing. :P

So, what happened to the string? :P

runawaycat said...

Cometh - I don't know where you're getting but I'm just gonna take it straightly. He probably lived on a 48 hour per day basis.

宝茹 - I have a feeling you love the library more than I do. I'm a lazy person if you don't already know.

And you get to borrow 5 books! That's good. 4 isn't enough.

I can't tell you about the string yet. I haven't went there yet. I'll only go tomorrow. I hope.